Auto Accident Attorney Colorado Springs
Car accidents can have physical, financial and even psychological impacts that may take people months or even longer to overcome. From the costs of medical bills and car repairs to lingering emotional trauma, car accidents can have long-term negative impacts on various aspects of people’s lives.
What can be just as devastating as the aftermath of a car accident is that fact that, in many cases, these accidents could have been prevented if some driver or other party had been more careful, sober and responsible. In fact, more than 90 percent of all car accidents that occur in the U.S. every year are at least partially caused by some type of human error (according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).
When any type negligence has contributed to a car accident, injured people should know that:
- They may have the right to compensation for their injuries, property damage, etc.
- Colorado Springs car accident lawyers Shakeshaft-Gorman Law Firm, LLP are ready to defend their rights and help them hold the negligent parties responsible.
Negligence and Car Accidents
Some of the most common forms of negligence that often contribute to car accidents include (but are not exclusive to):
- Driver negligence – This includes any negligent or reckless behaviors from the drivers of other cars or trucks on the road. Specifically, this can manifest as:
- Drunk driving
- Driving while distracted, with texting while driving being one of the most prevalent forms of distracted driving these days
- Driving while fatigued, which tends to be more of a problem among commercial drivers and which can result in impairments that are similar to drunk driving
- Driving aggressively or in any manner that directly violates traffic laws.
- Other negligence – This can include the negligence of vehicle manufacturers (when defective vehicle equipment causes car accidents), the negligence of government entities (when they fail to maintain safe roadways), etc.
Because it may not always be so obvious if or when negligence has contributed to car accidents, contact Colorado Springs Car Accident Attorneys at the Shakeshaft-Gorman Law Firm, LLP for a professional case evaluation to find out if or how negligence may have played a role in your car accident.
Dealing with Insurers after Car Accidents
In most cases, getting compensation after car accidents will involve dealing with insurance companies. While this may seem like a relatively mundane task, the reality is that:
- Insurers are not on car accident victims’ sides.
- They will often fight victims’ claims to payouts, doing their best to try to protect the insurance companies’ profits by undervaluing or even denying valid claims.
- Victims will need an experienced attorney on their side to ensure they are able to obtain the full amount compensation they deserve.
Colorado Springs Car Accident Attorneys with Shakeshaft-Gorman Law Firm, LLP
Have you or a loved one been hurt in a car accident? If so, the Shakeshaft-Gorman Law Firm, LLP are ready to advocate your rights, help you recover financially and ultimately help you put your life back together. Since 1982, our law firm has been providing people injured in car accidents with superior legal service, helping them stand up to insurance companies, large corporations and/or government entities.
While you can trust the Colorado Springs Car Accident Attorneys with Shakeshaft-Gorman Law Firm, LLP to always fight for your rights to compensation and justice, you can also rely on them and all of their legal professionals to help you bring your case to a successful resolution in the most efficient manner possible.
Let’s meet to talk about your case and your rights. You can schedule a free initial consultation with us by calling (719) 635-5886 or (800) 383-5886. You can also email us using the contact form on this page. We don’t get paid unless or until you get paid, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by contacting us today.
From our offices in Colorado Springs, we serve people throughout Colorado, including people in the Denver metro area, El Paso County, the Pike’s Peak Region, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Castle Rock, Fort Collins, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, and Grand Junction.